COURSES & DESCRIPTIONS
Adventures In Attitudes - Human Relations for Educators EDT6692
Bringing out the Best in Students: -Developing Performance Character EDT6750
Brain Power Strategies EDT6900
Courage for The Discouraged EDT6901
The Well-Informed Educator EDT6932
Creative Teaching Strategies for Teaching Core Standards EDT6725
LifePOWER: -Strategies for Reducing Educator and Student Stress EDT6690
Engaging the 21st Century Learner thru Technology EDT6749
Educating for Character -Developing Moral Character EDT6724
Effective Instruction EDT6729
Hands on Math K-8 EDT6748
Succeeding with Students of Poverty EDT6916
IQ-EQ Connections - Helping Kids Care EDT6438
Literacy for Learning - Reading & Writing Across the Curriculum EDT6701
The Teacher's Toolbox EDT6915
Time & Life Mastery - Time Management for Educators EDT6696
Positive Discipline in The Classroom EDT6731
Risk to Resilience - Strength-Based Interventions for Students EDT6747
Or browser's "Back"
button if returning
to current schedule
Dynamic Lesson Design EDT6TBD
ONLINE CLASS ONLY
Author: Rebecca L. Zullo, M.Ed.
Topic: In this course, participants will learn how to support students’ learning of standards through the best practices of advanced lesson design, including what it takes to keep students engaged throughout the lesson. We will examine the elements of lessons which draw learners into the lesson, enhance the classroom experience, solidify learning, and make the most of available resources, including educational technology (edtech). Participants with unpack the content standards as they analyze lesson design aimed at helping their students experience engaging, active, and effective learning activities. Educators will explore and apply the general principles of instructional design,
research-based teaching methods, active learning, and best practices of edtech infusion to effectively create a dynamic lesson plan for a content area of their choice.
A few things the participants will learn:
● General principles of instructional design for optimizing learning.
● How active learning strategies engage students and enhance learning.
● The benefits of using a reliable classroom approach with unpredictable elements to keep students’ attention.
● How to find effective and fun teaching methods and high quality edtech to support learning.
● How to design engaging learning experiences that emphasize learning standards, creative
lesson design, higher-order thinking, and active participation.
● How to effectively use edtech as a tool to support instructional goals and assist in fostering
successful learning outcomes.
● How to effectively analyze and create lessons using the core frameworks (SAMR model, TIM
model, TPACK technology integration)
● How to effectively weave together best practices, educator experience, and proven methods
and strategies to create engaging student learning experiences (going beyond the basic use of